At Corvus, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Every effort has been made to make this policy clear and concise. If anything is unclear, please contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) whose details are outlined below.
Data Protection Officer
Name: Lesley Armstrong
Email: [email protected]
The Company acts as the Data Controller and the Data Processors are Firefish Software CRM and Corvus Assured CRM. The Client refers to businesses we recruit for and the Candidate refers to candidates on our CRM.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, apply for a job, make enquiries about our services, register to receive our newsletters and from third party websites such as Job Board CV libraries. We collect Client personal data either directly from you when you contact us proactively, where we contact you, either by phone or email, or through our consultants’ business development activities more generally or from third parties (e.g. our Candidates) and other limited sources (e.g. online and offline media). We may use information held about you to provide you with news about jobs, updates, things we think you might be interested in, or any changes to our business. We also in certain processes require you to make videos and provide images, these will be used for no other purpose than that explicitly related to you. We respect you and your data, so we won’t do evil things like selling your email address to marketers. If you want us to stop contacting you, then please email us and we’ll stop.
We collect anonymous statistical information about our users’ systems and browsing habits using systems like Google Analytics.
On what basis do we process your data?
We process data under Legitimate Interest and in some area’s contractual necessity or legal obligation. We only process and use your data in the manner required to successfully assist you in your next career move or in hiring your next member of staff. We will collect information, as outlined below, without which we would be unable to work on your behalf in recruiting activity. We firmly believe that our legitimate interests in processing your data is in line with your own legitimate interests in your search for a new job or a new team member.
What type of information is collected from you?
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Ascertain suitability for roles we are recruiting
- To carry out obligations arising from any roles we’re recruiting for such as forwarding your CV or personal details where necessary to our clients
- Corvus Assured® your information will be uploaded to platform to build a personalised profile for clients to review
- Contact you by phone, email or text for updates on your current employment and to ensure our records are accurate
- Ask for your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest such as latest vacancies or news
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We’ll hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for a period of 24 months.
How is your data stored?
Your data is centrally stored using a Processor. The Processor uses a highly secure, encrypted connection to a cloud-based service to access this data. Information we collect such as bank details, fair employment, ID etc are only visible to the DPO.
Information will only be held outside of the Controller in the following circumstances:
- Upon the point of an application being made to the Client, the Client becomes responsible for legal processing. The Company will record this information and can be made available to the Candidate upon request.
- When the Candidate becomes employed by the Company to provide contractor services, payroll will be held on a third-party payroll management system.
Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party (our clients) as part of a successful offer of employment to enable them to arrange the necessary contracts to be drawn up. However, we’ll take these steps with the aim of ensuring that your private rights continue to be protected.
- Corvus staff
- You can update your own data using the candidate portal on our website
- When using the Corvus Assured® process, the specific client who you’re in a recruitment process for will have access to your information. All information uploaded will be approved by you (candidate) before the client can see this information.
What are your rights?
This applies to anyone who has personal identifiable data held by Corvus.
- You can request where your data is held and how it is being processed by submitting a Subject Access Request to the DPO
- You can request for your information to be forgotten and erased from our records
- You can request for a copy of information being held and for any of it to be updated with correct information you supply
- At any stage you can request to change the level of permission you have given us i.e. if you had initially subscribed to all forms of marketing but would now only like to be contacted regarding employment opportunities
- As standard, any request to the above rights should be fulfilled within 30 days of request.
How is data erased?
When this happens a 5-stage process takes place, outlined below:
- The data is archived from the Processor’s records meaning it cannot be used. Within 30 days all archived data will fully deleted or anonymised where we have a statutory requirement to retain it.
- Hard copies should not exist but where this has happened the hard copies will be shredded
- An internal check of all email accounts will identify any mail logs that need to be deleted A hard drive check will identify any local machines that need to have the data deleted
- Confirmation of this will be sent to the source of the request upon completion if applicable
In conjunction with each individual, Corvus Assured® will co-operate to securely store and/or delete employer and candidate data held in conjunction with our IT policies, including our GDPR policy. We can manually delete candidate personal data at any time.
Links to other websites
What we will do if data is breached?
If a breach of data happens this will be promptly communicated to affected parties within 48 hours by email and for any serious breach that could lead to significant impact on the individual a phone call will be made within 24 hours of the Company being made aware of any breach.
Diversity & inclusion
Corvus is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of equality monitoring and submission to statutory bodies as required under FEAT (NI) Order 1998 and other legislation. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
Scottish Provident Building,
7 Donegall Square West,
Tel: +44 (0) 28 9091 8529
Email: [email protected]
We identified a complex role within the business that required a demanding skill set. Finding the right person for this role presented us with a challenge - we had specific criteria that could be tricky to meet.
We had a relationship with Corvus People in the past and were keen to explore their more recent Corvus Assured offering, which is unique in the market and provides a different approach than traditional Executive Search services.
The role was difficult to fill, but our Consultant, did a fantastic job and was very responsive to our requests. The attention and customer service were great, and after some searching, they identified the right candidate who relocated internationally for the role. I would recommend this service to anyone who has hard-to-meet criteria or is looking for a different, more in-depth recruitment process.
In the current climate it is difficult to recruit quality candidates. Corvus have so far delivered us with two excellent senior members of staff who have elevated the business to another level, and we have third member starting shortly arranged through Corvus.
When Michael initially made contact with me it was evident that Corvus recruited people differently to most other companies. They attempt to place people who they recognise exactly suit the role, where others would be guilty of just throwing CV’s at you. I have only every received quality candidates through Corvus.
The quality of the services has help me to grow my business, and Michael, Ian and Helen have been very supportive and friendly throughout the process.
We have been facing ongoing challenges within the recruitment process, which has been the case for the past 18 months. Unfortunately, this has not been specific to one type of role or region. Attracting well-matched candidates and avoiding 'time-wasters' has been difficult. It has meant that, on a few occasions, we have had to restart the process from the beginning, taking a lot of resources from our team.
I had an existing relationship with Helen from my previous company, and when she reached out I had no hesitation in trusting her with the vacancy. The candidate who was placed is a great fit for the business and is coming with the right amount of relevant experience that we were looking for. Helen listened to what we wanted and found us the perfect fit! I would have no hesitation in choosing Corvus People for our next vacancy.
My client required a Sales Executive but after posting the role through their own channels, they became overwhelmed by applications that didn’t fit the brief. We identified the need for a more personalised service with a well-filtered candidate list that best suited our requirements.
I knew Michael through business networking and liked how he and his team do business - they offer a personalised, professional, and high-quality service. Some other agencies send over several CVs without necessarily matching them with the job specification or client requirements, which is not the case with Corvus People. My client has benefitted from reduced time on recruitment, and I can recommend an efficient recruitment solution to my clients. I would recommend this service to anyone who wants to take the hassle out of recruitment.
Our business is continuing to grow, and we needed help attracting the best surveyors and project managers to join our team. We have an amazing staff retention rate and want to ensure we were hiring people who would love working with us. We needed assistance with shortlisting and used Corvus People’s behavioural bench-marking tool to help us target more relevant candidates - it helped us understand which potential team members were the best fit for us from a cultural perspective.
Corvus understood that we weren't just trying to put bums on seats and wanted to hire employees who would grow alongside us. We talked a lot with Corvus about our company’s ethos and felt they were able to convey this to potential hires effectively. We love that Corvus took the time to get to know us and our business.
We have successfully placed several employees with the help of Corvus People, and we continue to work with them.
They are enthusiastic, proactive, and caring, and it is a pleasure to partner with their team.
Corvus People were recommended to me by a trusted friend and business advisor to recruit for a high-level role within the business. The recruitment of this role needed to be carefully administered and Corvus People were the team to ensure that. From the offset, everything was friendly, professional, and programmed. The level of service from the beginning right through to aftercare has been exceptional.
As a face-paced, proactive, but also very reactive business, the level of support and service that Corvus People offer is second to none. They were exactly what we needed to progress with the hire while we could focus on the day-to-day and give our input when required.
Corvus People will be looking after all our recruitment needs moving forward, and we look forward to working with them again.
Having worked with Michael and Michelle from Corvus I found them extremely professional, They worked very closely with us to not only understand more about the role we were looking to fill but also the nature of our business and people. I can highly recommend the whole Corvus experience.
I have used Michael’s services for business recruitment and personal career change. Michael is highly professional, intuitive and knowledgeable across several business sectors to assist with finding the right candidates for the right roles. Highly recommended!
Working with Michelle Kearns at Corvus has been a pleasure, there was regular contact, honest and transparent conversations about what I was looking for and what the company was able to offer. If I requested more information about any particular points Michelle provided robust and concise feedback with all the detail needed and would often check-in to see if there was any further support I required. I was in the process of moving country and Michelle also understood the pressures this involved and would give me time to think about any offers made and also helped accommodate support within that offer for the relocation.
Michelle was very professional in how she handled my case and would highly recommend her to anyone looking to make the next move in their career. She has demonstrated a high standard of work and negotiation to get me the package that best suited my circumstances and I am very grateful for all her hard work.
Excellent to deal with and very helpful. Kept constantly in contact to keep me up to date with how things were going and was very helpful both prior to and after getting my offer!
Committed to Quality over Quantity
Experts in complex assignments
360 People Solutions
Saving you time and money